Flood Emergency Response Operations 2022 Donate
Nasirabad (نصِیر آباد) is a district in the center-west of Balochistan, Pakistan. Nasirabad’s headquarters are at Dera Murad Jamali.
The original name of the district was Temple Dera, named after Captain H. M. Temple, a career British civil servant, who served as the Political Agent for Sibi from 1891 to 1892. Among the local population, it is still known as ‘Tipul’, a corruption of the word ‘temple’.
Formerly part of Kalat District, Nasirabad was granted the status of a separate district in 1974, while in 1987 the new district of Jaffarabad was cleaved out of it. For three years, from July 1987 to December 1990, it was known as Tahseel Tamboo. Tamboo is a small village 40 km west of Dera Murad Jamali.